Ecessa Firmware Release Notes
Release Date: 2016.10.10
Revision 1.0: 2016.10.10
1. The live device will send up monitoring events to the cloud monitoring service when the cloud is enabled.
1. The web interface Cloud page will have a help page link.
2. Virtual Machine registration process has been defined.
3. The live device will send up the DNS and VPN service status to the cloud monitoring service.
4. The live device will inform the cloud monitoring service of the WAN status.
5. The device will passively update the cloud with WAN Virtualization site status.
6. The device will send up passive alerts to the cloud for VPN events.
7. The web interface will display license expiration warning messages from the cloud when the Virtual Product is close to expiring.
1. One-to-One NAT Web page heading is misspelled.
2. CLI Hardware Failover command 'hwfo' help information has a typo.
1. Virtual Product may boot slowly.
2. Adding an encrypted WAN Virtualization site using the CLI may not work as expected.
3. The DHCP service can stop unexpectedly.
4. The LCD display can become stuck and not display new information when keys are pressed.
5. Enabling WAN Virtualization encryption using the CLI without specifying a VPN name will create an IPSec VPN security association entry which has no name.
6. Phone calls made within a short time after enabling the VoIP feature may not choose the Primary WAN.
7. Using the CLI to create an alias with multiple addresses will reorder the addresses and remove duplicates, making the alias unusable for firewall forwarding rules.
8. When a DHCP WAN is given a very short lease time by the modem the Ecessa device can become unresponsive.
9. Using Hardware Failover with high traffic throughput can cause excessive loading of the device.
10. DNS Reverse Zone may not work correctly for load-balanced hosts.
11. WAN Virtualization which is using non base IP addresses can not route as expected when a static route is in place which applies to all traffic.
12. Activating Port Forwarding configuration changes can cause the device software to restart.
13. WAN Virtualization hub location cannot have a site number that is greater than 127.
14. IPSec VPN failover test point type 'Manual IP Configuration' does not work as expected.
15. IPSec VPN Failback option does not work as expected.
16. When changing static routes that use aliases it is possibie that traffic could continue using the WAN over which it was previously routed.
17. Ports can become disabled on legacy 600 product (7568c) when pulling a cable during traffic flow.
18. A VTI VPN on an Ecessa device which is behind NAT will not be able to connect.