Ecessa Firmware Release Notes
Release Date: 2015.09.21
Revision 3.0: 2015.10.22
1. Static Route source and destination address field order reversed.
2. Security update to fix vulnerabilities in IPSec VPN and WAN Virtualization features.
3. Security update to fix vulnerabilities in the DNS feature and internal system packages.
4. The DHCP helper program was updated to address a security vulnerability.
5. Security Issues addressed for DHCP WANs.
6. Security Issues addressed for the traffic dump utility.
7. OpenSSL security issues addressed.
8. Security Issues addressed for bash which is used on the device.
9. Security vulnerabilities addressed for the SNMP monitoring utility.
10. Update of cryptographic libraries to fix security vulnerabilities.
11. Security update to fix vulnerabilities in the Software Update and Email Alert features.
12. Security update of IPSec VPN.
13. Security update of SSL VPN feature.
1. The authentication necessary for an IPSec Security Association would not be setup properly when it was enabled.
2. System can become unresponsive when loading a configuration.
3. WAN Virtualization with configuration loading could cause the system to become unresponsive.
4. Fixed deadlock which could occur during a configuration load if a WAN line changed status.
5. Fix the GUI DNS SOA Records entry fields so that they accept the proper ranges of inputs.
6. Fix CLI so that DNS SOA records are validated before they are input.
7. Fix the validation for the diagnostics Iperf utility.
8. Fixed VPN Statistics in the GUI to show correct byte counts.
9. Fixed an issue where the WAN Virtualization device MTU was too high, causing fragmentation and reduced TCP performance.
10. Fixed the cloud view display not working for retrieving the remote status of the sites.
11. Fixed a problem with IPSec VPN Active fail-over.
12. Do not allow packets to PPTP port 1723 from unknown sources, with or without the firewall enabled.
13. Making an IPSec VPN change while an SNMP request is received can cause the system to reinitialize.
14. Network VPN Statistics will now show correctly for translucent WANs.
15. Rapid QoS changes can cause the system to reinitialize.
16. The device can become unresponsive when using a PPPoE WAN with VPN.
1. VPN IKEv2 connections can fail when connectivity to the remote device is lost, and continue to fail after connectivity is restored.
2. VPN security associations which are not configured correctly or use a WAN that is down for an extended period of time with the remote site may cause the VPN process management to become unresponsive.
3. WAN Virtualization uses a lower default MTU and can cause remote sites to not be able to access some Internet sites via the main site.
4. Deleting a QoS classifier from the GUI might not work properly.
5. IPSec VPN Failback option does not work as expected.
6. When connecting to a PPTP server behind the Ecessa with WAN Virtualization enabled the device can become unresponsive.
7. Port becomes disabled on 7568C when pulling a cable during traffic flow.
8. Static Route comments with newline characters will cause static routes to not be applied.
9. L2TP VPN connections can fail to establish after activating changes to another VPN connection.
10. Device can restart after a period of time when the sites tunnel configurations do not match.
See Ecessa's full line of products and solutions
Ecessa Firmware Release Notes