How to configure your iPad / iPhone / iTouch for OpenVPN:
This tutorial provides instructions for using the "OpenVPN Connect" app. This method will be the simplest for most users, although it does require use of third party apps - OpenVPN and Dropbox. An alternative to using Dropbox is to use a PC and email.
- Run the App Store and install the "OpenVPN Connect" application.
- Email the config files to the iOS device or import them into the Dropbox folder.
- Open the files in OpenVPN.
- A window will appear. Tap the green "+" button to add the server to the program.
- Enter the "User ID" and "Password". Tap the Connection button.
- If successful, the status will show as connected. If not, confirm the settings are correct then contact the network administrator.
This works for Android as well. Just installed OpenVPN on my Nexus 10 Tablet.
Thank you for letting us know that David!
This appears to be incomplete for current versions of IOS and OpenVPN Connect. It doesn't address how to deal with client certificate and private key and CA certificate.