Ecessa Firmware Release Notes
Release Date: 2017.05.19
Revision 1.0: 2017.05.19
1. An SRV record which is entered with an underscore in the protocol or service will cause duplicate underscores in the zone file.
1. If the option 'Enable accessing Idle Service via Active Device (WAN Only)' is enabled for the Hardware Failover feature then traffic destined to the LAN which uses the same ports as management services for the Ecessa device will be rejected.
2. Adding a site to the Ecessa Insight may report as successful while the site will show DOWN in the dashboard even though the live site is UP.
3. When loading a configuration, Uplink and Downlink speeds for a WAN Virtualization site may not load properly.
4. Web Diagnostics ping timeout not working as expected.
5. Old DHCP addresses may silently remain on the device after a new one is received.
6. Using CLI to modify DNS records does not update zones properly.
7. Email alerts are not sent for expiring Self CA certificates after a certificate is renewed.
8. Diagnostics speed-test upload can fail if an aspx server is chosen.
9. Activating the WAN Virtualization advanced site Web UI page can display the wrong tunnel encryption selections.
10. Within DNS domain configuration, Simple Host Records and Load Balanced Host Records mail entry should not be a dropdown menu.
11. SRV record hostname error message is unclear.
12. WAN graphs will report double the expected throughput for encrypted WAN Virtualization receive traffic.
1. WAN Virtualization configurations where tunnels have high packet loss and the tunnel testing parameters are set high can cause the tunnel to bounce more often then the testing parameters.
2. Virtual Product may boot slowly.
3. Adding an encrypted WAN Virtualization site using the CLI may not work as expected.
4. The DHCP service can stop unexpectedly.
5. The LCD display can become stuck and not display new information when keys are pressed.
6. Enabling WAN Virtualization encryption using the CLI without specifying a VPN name will create an IPSec VPN security association entry which has no name.
7. Phone calls made within a short time after enabling the VoIP feature may not choose the Primary WAN.
8. Using the CLI to create an alias with multiple addresses will reorder the addresses and remove duplicates, making the alias unusable for firewall forwarding rules.
9. When a DHCP WAN is given a very short lease time by the modem the Ecessa device can become unresponsive.
10. Using Hardware Failover with high traffic throughput can cause excessive loading of the device.
11. DNS Reverse Zone may not work correctly for load-balanced hosts.
12. WAN Virtualization which is using non base IP addresses can not route as expected when a static route is in place which applies to all traffic.
13. WAN Virtualization hub location cannot have a site number that is greater than 127.
14. Site-to-site VPN may attempt to use a WAN that is down.
15. IPSec VPN failover test point type 'Manual IP Configuration' does not work as expected.
16. IPSec VPN Failback option does not work as expected.
17. Ports can become disabled on legacy 600 product (7568c) when pulling a cable during traffic flow.
18. A VTI VPN on an Ecessa device which is behind NAT will not be able to connect.
Ecessa Firmware Release Notes